Cisco Systems, Inc., Remote 01/2016 – 02/2019
IoT Solutions Architect
- Worked for the Cisco IoT innovations department on their Cisco Asset Management and Cisco Kinetic platforms. Software solutions for IoT deployments.
- Setup a lab for experimentation with NuLeds smart LED lighting system via UDP protocol.
- Helped design and setup a $10 million VMWare based Virtualized private cloud solution in North Carolina, RTP which utilized Cisco’s UCS, Storage, and Networking hardware solutions.
- Used Filemaker to launch a data collection application on iOS devices for technicians doing surveys in the field, to help analyze IoT solutions for cell phone tower sites.
- Wrote Java Swing based ETL tool to help pull data out of CAM into CSV format.
- Worked with Industrial Routers such as the IR829, IOx containers, while productizing various IoT PoC solutions alongside with Cisco Partners.
- Experimented with Node-Red on IR829, consuming REST-API’s and publishing them to MQTT, or other protocols which helped Cisco Partners with backhauling and processing data from the Edge.
- Architected NodeJS based IoT simulator, and later created ReactJS based UI which was an internal tool that was used for data generation, to demonstrate the value proposition of IoT deployments.
- Underwent “Inventor Training” to audit the possibility of filing a patent for our IoT Simulator.
- Witnessed how the ‘End of Life’ of CAM gave birth to the adoption of an open source Distributed Service Architecture solution for IoT at Cisco, called Kinetic.
- Audited existing documentation on DSLink development process for the Cisco Kinetic platform.
- Wrote and curated developers experience for new DSLink developers, for the C++11 DSLink SDK, up on Cisco DevNet.
- Created Debian and CentOS based images with SDK and IDE to accelerate developer adoption.
- Wrote an open source DSLink in C++11 to act as an example of embedded development with DSA.
- Provided QA, feedback, to Cisco partners during their DSLink development.